Saturday, July 21, 2012

rain, house plotting, and fishing

It has been raining like CRAZY here and poof the wind has started up!  Look at this pretty green picture the weather service up here posted....


Joe is down in the Kenai doing some dipnetting.  I decided against going because of the weather and how difficult it would be (that will make sense to you in the pictures later).....I have been looking up fishing reports and announcements since they left to go fishing.  Usually the Kenai is only open for dipnetting from 6 am until 11 pm, but due to the LARGE amounts of red salmon coming through they have opened it up for 24 hour fishing.  Apparently though you catch the most fish in the hours before the tide comes in and the hours directly after.


Apparently, when they got down to the Kenai last night they started fishing but it was too early so they took a short nap....and slept through the tide!  At the last time I had talked to Joe he only had 2 reds (there is a 45 fish limit for our household).  I am hoping that this go around of fishing the tide bears better results for him.  He has texted me some pictures of how many people are around and how it looks.  The beaches are PACKED of people fishing.  Hopefully when Joe gets back tomorrow, I will be able to get him to post about his experience.....


 Our crazy friend Kris Homerding!


On a home front note....Mac's food of choice today was strawberries.  He literally ate an entire thing of strawberries today alone.  Here is a conversation that occurred between me and Mac....

Me: Mac, did you doodoo?
Mac: No
Me: Are you sure?
Mac: Yeah
Me: Did you fart?
Mac:  Dada
Me: Dada is not here for you to blame it on.
(checked his diaper)
Me: (gagging) MAC!  You lied!  You doodooed!
Mac: Yeah

While Mac was taking his nap, I started plotting where and what I was going to hang on the walls!  I am super excited to see our pictures around us!  I have to find a couple of other boxes of pictures though.....I did have an idea for the wall behind our dining room table and the wall as you come through the front hall/door area.....to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment