Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Big day!

This is a LONG post!  Ok...here it goes.....

Today was a GREAT day!  Mac woke up in a great mood....I was an awesome parent (hear the sarcasm?) and gave him a donut for breakfast!


In order to keep Mac from throwing food on the floor when he is finished eating, we have been teaching him to raise his hands up in the air and say "done."  He usually does this no problem.  This morning he said "dah" (his version of done) and so I took him down.  He immediately wanted back in his chair.  I put him in the chair and told him that the next time he said done he was down for good.  Five minutes later...."dah" and so I put him on the floor.  OH MY GOODNESS.  I got an awesome tantrum.  I walked away trying not to laugh.  He followed me.  Threw himself on the floor.  Bella came over to lick the crumbs off of him while he was flailing around.  Eventually Bella got him out of his tantrum.  I just ignored him.



After he was done tantruming, he decided to run amok around the house.  It was still raining at this point so there was no going outside yet!





I put Mac down for his nap just in time for the sun to come out!  I sat out on our amazing porch while he napped.  I was able to eat lunch....and read part of a book.  It was great!  Then Godzilla got up!  It cracks me up how excited he gets when someone comes in his room after he gets up from a nap.  Silly boy.  He ate some chicken nuggets for lunch and then we headed outside to enjoy the amazing sun!  I put sunscreen all over his big boy head and everywhere else that was exposed to sun.  It made his hair do crazy things (known as mama made his hair go into a mohawk).





 This is one of my most favorite pictures of him!

Today, Joe got an email saying that our new washer and dryer were in the store (a whole week early!) and so he picked them up on the way home from work.  We had to go by Lowes to get a handtruck and then we decided to head to Babies R Us to pick out Mac a mini playground thing for the backyard.  While we were in the store waiting for them to locate the mini playground thing, Joe put Mac on a bicycle.  Mac LOVED it.  Mac also threw a giant fit when Joe made him get off of it.  It makes me sad knowing that it is not going to be too long before we are buying him his first tricycle.  However, on an awesome note....we got a $150 playground thing for $80 (it was on sale and I also had a coupon).  SCORE!






When we got back to the house, Joe gave Mac a bath while I made homemade chicken taquitos.  They were DELISH!  Mac then went to sleep and Joe and I got to the business of installing our new washer and dryer!  


Oh...and I decided to take some pictures of the front of the house since the sun was shining....


Oh...remember that playground thing we got Mac????  Joe also put it together tonight!  It is so stinking cute and I cannot wait to watch him play with/on/in it!





No comments:

Post a Comment