Sunday, July 15, 2012

Nesting....

Today....I felt successful.  I felt.....awesome!  It is so much more fun cleaning your own house rather than cleaning a rental!  I also actually started putting pictures frames up around the house....started plotting what I (or rather Joe) am going to hang where.  I have figured out how I wanted the space above the fireplace to look!  The picture is below....keep in mind that we need to put our giant clock in the alcove space!


I also put stuff up on the dining room server.....There needs to be pictures on the wall above it but I have not figured out what pictures yet....I was thinking the pictures (3) of the northern lights.  What do you think?????


I have been googling recipes online a lot lately.  I just email the link to myself and then if we like it then it will get printed out to go into the holy grail of cookbooks (the blue binder).  Today's recipe we tried was a grilled lemon herb salmon packet with brown rice and carrots.  It was the first time doing salmon ourselves and I personally think it turned out great.  Next time we cook it though we need to cook the rice for a little bit first instead of following the directions!  Despite that, it was super yummy!


 Lately, I have also been googling a lot of DIY cleaners.  Today's cleaner I am going to make is a "fake it febreeze" which will be now known as "Jameeze."  You take an empty febreeze bottle.  Pour in 1/8 cup of your favorite laundry softener, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and then it up to the top with hot tap water.  Shake.  And then "Jameeze" your room!!!!!!

On a Mac note:  He was super cranky today (I think he is coming down with something) and took a LONG nap today.  He literally slept from about 1 to 4.  LONG nap for him.  When he got up, he was in a pretty good mood but he wanted to be held.  I refuse to hold him all the time so he was a little irritated.  I sauteed him some spinach that we bought at the market yesterday and then scrambled it into some eggs for his dinner.  He tore it up!  I have to be so sneaky with his veggies.

On an Alaska note: Still raining.  Little chilly.  Just gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment