Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Funday

Apparently Sunday is seriously the day that we get stuff done.  We were busy busy busy today.

I folded some of Nora's new clothes while Mac/Joe played.....


While we were out running errands in Target, Mac found a puffer fish in the dollar section.  No lie the best $1 we have probably ever spent.  Mac decided right afterwards that the puffer fish needed to take a nap which meant we all had to be quiet.  He was quiet our entire time inside Target.  We were in there for like 40 minutes.  40 minutes of blissful silence.  He was so incredibly cute.  Whenever Joe and I would giggle about it, he would glare at us and say "Puffer fish sleeping.  Sh. Not funny."  He also wanted a picture of Puffer Fish sleeping in my purse.


While Mac was napping, Joe and I got A LOT done.  (the list will follow later).  Joe hung up the new wall organizer that we bought from Target yesterday.  (Seriously, I cannot get enough of Target....no need to buy me gifts anymore, just buy me Target gift cards).  We hung it up on the same wall that our front door opens to.  The pictures make it look small but it is just under 2 feet wide.  Perfect to hang our bags/jackets.  We are eventually going to build a bench to put in our front area as well.  Eventually.



Once Mac got up, we (and by "we" I mean "me") decided to hang art up in Mac's room. We have had these two cork boards for a while that I have been meaning to hang in there.  Today was the day.  We hung them up.  Mac picked out his art that he wanted to put on there.  And now he is happy!




While all of this is going on poor Heyward is having to stay outside.  He smells TERRIBLE because we are in the middle of breakup.  There is honestly no point in giving him a bath right now because he will just go back outside and get stinky again.  Hopefully, the rest of the week is as nice as today was (upper 40s) because then the snow will melt faster and hopefully the grass will harden up.  Right now our backyard is a snowy swamp.  GROSS.


After our delicious dinner of grilled salmon, pesto roasted potatoes, and peach cobbler....it was time for the big man to get a bath.  We picked up bathtub stickers while we were at Target and Mac was super ready to play with them.  He put his road together and had a great time.  I couldn't help but just grin at him because he has the cutest chunky butt!


And I couldn't help but get a video of that cute butt dancing......


The master list of things we accomplished today:

-grocery shopped for the week
-made chicken salad for my lunch for the week
-made Mac sneaky sneaky veggie mac and cheese
-made sneaky sneaky veggie banana nut muffins
-made homemade apple sauce
-made pesto roasted potatoes
-made peach cobbler
-marinated salmon....Joe grilled it
-hung wall organizer
-hung mac wall art
-started organizing Nora's closet a little better
-Joe sanded the "jelly"
-Joe conditioned the "jelly"
-Joe is in the process of staining the "jelly" top
-Mac got a bath (yeah, this does not happen every day)
-picked Mac's clothes out for the week
-cleared out Mac's pjs that don't fit anymore
-hung up Mac's clean clothes
-cleaned laundry
-folded laundry
-still need to hang laundry
-created a key for a vocabulary assignment my students are going to do with the new book

Whew.  I am exhausted.  I still need to hang that laundry.  Yeah, it might just get stacked up somewhere and I do it later.  Also still need to get lunches ready for tomorrow.  I also need to blow dry my hair (so much trouble).  Just thinking of those things is making me even more tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment