Monday, April 21, 2014

Big boy underwear

Mac spent today in his big boy underwear.  Well, minus nap time.  He only had 1 accident in them.  He pooped in his underwear right before dinner (despite the fact that he had literally just gotten off the toilet).  I threw his underwear away and that was TRAUMATIZING to him so I am now kind of wondering if he is going to poop/pee in the potty just so his underwear doesn't get thrown away.  We will see how this works out for me.  Earlier today, he thought it was funny that he had a hard time getting his underwear over his butt so he wanted me to take a picture.  So I did.



Mac even went to the grocery store in his big boy underwear.  The first thing he had to do when we got inside?  "I need to potty."  He proceeded to loudly proclaim that fact all the way across the front of the grocery store until he got to the bathroom.  I cracked up laughing.  Right before we were done grocery shopping, Mac was loudly exclaiming that "daddy poops in the potty" and "daddy, do you need to poop?"  LOUDLY exclaiming.  Again, I thought this was hilarious.

While Mac was napping today, I sat myself on the back porch with the dogs in the gorgeous sunshine.  When I first got out there, it was 49 degrees.  I had on workout pants and a tank.  It felt glorious.  It slowly heated up to a balmy 55 degrees.  I actually got a little pink sitting out there (which will promptly turn tan).


It was fun watching Heyward go greet people who walked past.  Every single person who walked or rode a bike by was able to see Heyward's big ole head pop through the fence at them.  He never barks at them.  He just looks at them with a big grin on his face and his tail wagging.  He also likes to perch on the top of Mac's old slide set and just check out the neighborhood.  He makes me happy.


After dinner, the beautiful sun was still out so we decided to go for a family walk (well, minus Bella).  Mac rode along in the new stroller (which is awesome) and Heyward was just crazy excited to go for a walk.  The first thing people say when they see Heyward?  "He's huge!"  Yup.  Yup, he is.  As we headed out of our driveway, we saw our neighbors Susan and Ron out in there driveway so we stopped by to chat with them.  (As Ed- another neighbor- says, people come out of their hidey hole when the sun comes out).  Susan told us not to fix anything for dinner tomorrow because she is going to bring us food by.  Which means she is bringing me and Mac dinner as Joe will be in California.  He is SUPER jealous because she is making me fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, biscuits, amazing sugar cookies, and peanut butter and jelly bars for Mac.  OH MY GOODNESS!  My mouth is already watering thinking of it.  Seriously, they are the sweetest people.  After we talked with them for a little bit, we headed down our neighborhood and across the main road to the neighborhood across the street. I love all of the little neighborhoods that surround us.



Oh and here is a random video of Mac CRACKING up laughing on the toilet.


No comments:

Post a Comment