Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Work Baby Shower!

The move to Dimond has been a little difficult.  At first.  I have slowly found my niche of people.  I am a sad though because one of my really good friends (Kim) at Dimond is leaving next weekend.  Her husband is military and they are being relocated.  I am going to miss her like crazy.

Kim, Liz, and Kristen decided to throw a baby shower for me.  The ladies of Dimond like to have parties and were pretty excited to have an excuse to have a party....aka Baby Nora.  I thought it was super sweet.  I mean I am new to the building, am a sped teacher (that usually means we are a little more isolated).....and they still cared enough to throw a baby shower.  I mean....even the president of the PTA came!  Oh and two of my administrators came.  It makes my heart happy.  There were sooo many people there!  I didn't realize that I work with such talented people (there were numerous handmade blankets and even a handmade book).  Mac even got a couple of presents (his current favorite is the handmade pillow case)!

(these are cell phone pictures that some of the ladies there have sent me)










Here is the list of goodies (big list):

leggings, bows, shoes, candy, onesie, AK salmon onesie, swaddle blanket set, Target gift card, onesies, blankets, socks, handmade 3 little pigs fabric story book, handmade baby blanket/quilt, diapers, book, handmade pillow case (for Mac), blankets, watermelon outfit, "I'm a Big Brother" tshirt (for Mac), chevron handmade crochet quilt, straws (for Mac), big brother book (for Mac), duck basket, bib, teddy/blanket, bra pads, milk storage, bath robe, onesies, pants, sing along cd, cardigan, dress, ruffle pants, bottle drier grass thing, baby pillow with slip cover, AK Starfish onesie, spoon, handmade crochet "rain boots,"  onesies, pants, Cinderella Little People toy (from one of the hosts' youngest daughter), sleep sack, book, slip, handmade blanket, mattress pad cover, boppy cover, sheets, socks, booties, onesies, whale outfit, Target gift card, towels, onesies, diaper changer pad thing, thermometer, diaper bags for dirty diapers, nose sucker, bottles, bottle scrubber, diaper creme, fingernail clippers, pacifier, pacifier clips, baby shampoo, baby wash, baby lotion


My amazing people even loaded up my car.....




Once I got home, Mac got beyond excited when he saw all of the bags coming out of my car so of course he wanted to open the "birthday" presents.  Joe hauled them upstairs and then proceeded to open through each one individually.  Mac got really excited about his new pillowcase cover.  Like grabbed his pillow off of his bed and we switched it out....excited.



Here are two of the handmade things that a very gifted coworker of mine made....






      

No comments:

Post a Comment