Sunday, April 27, 2014

Security Camera

Yesterday, we headed out to Wasilla to pick up a window frame that Kelly (the owner of Alaska Picker) found for me.  It has a pink tinge paint on it.  We are going to hang it above Nora's crib.  We also got a wire basket to put on the wall near the changing pad to hold diapers.  As soon as Joe hangs up the window, I will get ya'll a picture.  I am pretty excited about it.  Right now the wall that the crib and the chair is on is pretty naked.  I am quite sure that I will be fixing that.

On the drive out to Wasilla, we had to pull over so Mac could pee.  We (and that means Joe) got his pants pulled down but he was almost peeing on himself.  What does Joe do?  Picks him up and holds him sideways so he could just pee.  I was about to pee myself laughing.  We are on this off ramp off of the Glenn Highway and my son is bare butt peeing.  Did I get a picture of this?  Yup.


Yesterday we also got a letter in the mail from HR informing me that they did not at this time accept my application for sick leave bank (translation: if I don't get approved, I lose a month salary).  Needless to say, my stress level skyrocketed.  Lots of tears and stress.  What did that lead to?  Another trip to the hospital.  I was having contractions but they were not super steady.  That was not a fun trip to the hospital.  I didn't care for the nurse too much and I just felt stupid.

This morning Joe picked up donuts for us.  I love donuts.  You know who else loves donuts?  Mac.



My son is REFUSING to poop in the toilet.  He told us that he would rather clean and nap than poop.  So what does he do?  He goes upstairs and gets in his bed.  No joke.



While he was "napping," Joe headed to a friend's house to take apart a playset.  We have been scouring Craigslist and online for a playset for Mac to set up in our backyard.  We got extremely lucky in that a friend just bought a new house that had one in the backyard and he didn't want it.  It is full priced like a $1500 playset and we got it for $300.  The slide alone is worth $500!  I don't know who is more excited about it....Mac or Joe.  Currently, a lot of pieces of it are just hanging out in the garage.  Our neighbor diagonal across the street (Ed) told Joe that he would help him set it up.  We live in an awesome neighborhood with awesome neighbors.



Because my husband is wonderful, he made us dinner.  We had a pesto salmon pasta.  You wanna talk about delicious!?  Oh my goodness.  It was incredibly filling so you don't eat a whole lot.  Bonus.  Mac DESTROYED it.  Lately, he has gotten much better about eating what we stick in front of him.  He has to take at least a bite of everything on his plate.  Usually if he doesn't want it, we just shove it in his mouth.  He eventually eats it.  Needless to say, his face had a large amount of pesto sauce on it so into the bathtub he went.  Look at how cute my little man is....


Joe took over bathtime after he separated the laundry and got a load going (awesome husband!).  I went to lay down in the bed.  I thoroughly enjoy listening to my men together.  I also enjoy watching them in the security camera......





I am not supposed to be doing anything so while I was laying in the bed I folded laundry.  I figured that was not breaking the rules because I was not standing up.  I folded and Joe put up.  He was not super happy with me though because I had to throw away his favorite green Polo.  He got brautwurst juice no it and the stain did not come out.  He is a little sad.  He is also a little sad because I keep throwing away his socks.  My husband will literally wear socks until there are giant holes in them.  Needless to say, he is losing a LOT of socks.  He is just so stubborn about getting clothes.  He refuses to buy new pants (even though his are too big), new socks (even though I am throwing them away because of holes), new Polos (even when they are stained), new belt (all of his are GIGANTIC), or new workout shorts (the majority of his have paint on them).......dear goodness.  That man.  I am sitting here with a grin on my face as I type that..........I think he might be pretty typical in refusing to buy himself clothes......

No comments:

Post a Comment