Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Awesome neighbors

Mac had preschool today which meant that I sat and stared at the tv for a couple of hours.  I did reorganize the pantry though.  I figure since the extra bed is in there and eventually I am going to be having this baby, I might as well fix it.  Joe came home for like an hour before he had to head to the airport to catch his flight.  I am not happy that he is gone but he comes back on Thursday so it's not a big deal!  I also spent a couple of hours sitting outside in the gorgeous sunshine reading a magazine.  Bliss!  

I picked up Mac where I found out that he did awesome at Erica's in his big boy underwear.  He didn't have an accident at all.  He even napped in his underwear because he refused to wear a pull-up.  When we got home, Mac even did a tiny poop in the toilet.  And yes, my life currently revolves around my growing belly and Mac's poop.  I know I have so many pictures of him with no pants on but it is so much easier for him to go to the bathroom with no pants in the way.  Once he is really potty trained, we will resume wearing pants around the house.  


When we got home from Erica's, there was a present on our front porch and diapers!  They were from a friend of mine at East.  Mac was super excited to open it for Nora!  




The day just kept getting better.  Our neighbor's Susan and Ron brought over dinner for us!  They are the absolute sweetest!  I absolutely love our neighborhood.  They brought over fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, biscuits, gravy, peanut butter bars, and frosted sugar cookies.  OH MY GOODNESS.  I destroyed it.  As did my son.....




Seriously, as I sit here typing this I keep hearing loud banging noises.  It's our giant dog outside.  He is throwing around his rope toy and sporadically snapping at the mosquitos or bugs in the air.  Silly dog. 


Ok.  So now it is time for me to go finish making the applesauce that I have had going in the slow cooker all day.  Then it is bed time.  EXHAUSTED mama.  

No comments:

Post a Comment