Saturday, June 1, 2013

Remote Tray

We lose our remote controls for the tv ALL THE TIME.  I decided to fix this (I have been feeling super crafty lately).

What I Got:
Cheapo wooden tray from Michaels (Seriously like $4.99)
Spicy Mustard paint from Michaels
Modpodge
Foam brush
Page torn out from a book I got from a discarded library book
Furniture pads
Hot glue gun

I painted the entire cheapo tray with the Spicy mustard paint.  I gave it a couple of coats of paint.  We cut the piece of paper down to size and I modpodged that in the bottom of the tray.  I did a couple of coats of Modpodge over the entire tray to give it a smoother feel.

I used my hot glue gun to attach furniture pads on the bottom of the tray so it wouldn't scuff up my coffee table (why I am not sure because Mac has beaten the table up).....




No comments:

Post a Comment