Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beat the Heat

Today was still toasty.  Our house stayed mostly cool (I kept the fans running and the curtains pulled)!  Everybody on Facebook up here kept posting pictures of their car temperature gauges.  There was literally a spot about 2 hours North of Anchorage (Talkeetna) that hit I think 96 or 97 degrees!  That is INSANE.  This is Alaska.  NUTS.

Look at how my crazy son watches tv....and yes it is pants off dance off because it is too hot to put him in clothes unless we are going into public.


He makes me smile.  Especially when he is playing with his toys.  It is fun watching his imagination work.  Today, his trucks played with his dinosaurs.....


Since today was so hot, I decided to a Pinterest-y thing for Heyward.  I made him a puppy popscicle!  I put some of his doggie treats in one of Mac's buckets.  Poured some water in.  Stuck it in the freezer.  BOOM.  Heyward was highly entertained!  Look how cute he is!



On a business-y note (yup, here comes a Thirty-One plug):  So…as you know, I have recently started my own business (Thirty-One consultant).  When you first start with the company, they have an incentive program called “Start Swell.”  This is where I can earn things for my business if I hit my goal!  I am SUPER close!  I did want to tell you about what the June Special is because there is not much of June left (oh my goodness where has the year gone!?)!  During the month of June, for every $35 you spend you can get the Large Utility Tote for $10!  That is an AMAZING deal!  That is the bag that started this journey.  I take that bag to the grocery store and I can fit an entire week’s worth of groceries in it and I have no fear of the bag breaking!  It is FANTASTIC!  If you are interested in getting this amazingness, you can either order directly through me or you can order directly through my website:



No comments:

Post a Comment