Saturday, June 1, 2013

"art"

I spent a little bit of today putting "art" up on the walls and making my art.

Let's start with the fireplace!

I found two pieces of scrap wood from the pile and had Joe use his Kreg Jig to put them together.  I stained them with the stain that we are going to use on Mac's bookshelves.  We found a picture that we liked from a book that my high school's library had given away.  I modpodged that to the board.  Boom.  Art.



We did have a naked wall between the garage door and the laundry room door.  We hung up one of Joe's grandma's paintings.  I found a white plate that I liked.  We hung that above.  To the right, we hung up one of Mac's baby pictures.  Below it, we hung some of my "art."  This time my art was tracing Mac's hand on scrapbook paper and then framed it.  So cute!  On the right side, I hung a phrase that makes me happy.  At this point we ran out of monkey hooks so it looks a little naked.  Underneath the phrase photo, is going to go a family picture.  As I do more things, I will add to that wall!



No comments:

Post a Comment