Sunday, June 30, 2013

Half Bath Redo

So....Mac and I have lately been spending a lot of time in the downstairs half bathroom (yay, potty training).  The more time I spend in there the more that I completely hate it.  Seriously.  The walls are pink.  The ceiling is pink.  Everything is this bad bad pink.  I literally sat on the floor today and scrubbed the linoleum but you can't tell.  It still is awful.  During Mac's naptime I made the executive decision that if I have to spend that much time in there then it needs to be nice.  So I began taping.

See how bad that is.....

Phase 1: Mac went to sleep and I got out the paint (well, technically Joe got out the paint).  I was determined to get rid of at least the pink ceiling.  Once I started painting, I very quickly realized that this was going to require more than one coat of paint (dang pink).  However, I kept at it.  It took me longer than I thought it would.  Let me tell you, painting a ceiling is not easy, especially in a small space with not much maneuvering room!


Phase 2: Joe painted the bathroom.  Apparently, I go to slow.  But I do not get paint everywhere like...cough cough....someone.  Now it is time to clean all of the painting stuff out of the bathroom and for me to decorate.  Decisions decisions.



No comments:

Post a Comment