Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's the weekend!

IT"S THE WEEKEND AND I LOVE IT.  The sun is shining.  Life is good.  Mac and I were hanging out before we went to dinner.....He does not like to cooperate a whole lot.  Imagine that.



Yesterday, we made plans to meet up with some friends (Liz and Rocky).  They are from South Carolina and they are awesome!

Since it was a Friday night, there was a good bit of a wait.  So what does Mac do?  Takes pictures of himself.  I think this one is awesome!


We eventually got seated and Mac tore up the tater tots.  As in at one point he decided to get on the floor and before I could stop him he ate a tater tot off the floor.  Gross.  Awesome parents right here.

Saturday morning I had a mentor training to go to (I am a mentor to one of my students who is going to be attending the Military Youth Academy).  When I got back to the house, both Mac and Heyward were down for naps.  Joe and I spent like an hour being lazy on the sofa.  AMAZING.



We have been paying tribute to our new fur baby that I decided my first fur baby deserved some picture attention.  Bella has been through so much with us and she is amazing: my first year teaching, my first tumor, our move to Alaska, my pregnancy, our first child, my second tumor, buying our first home.....life would definitely not be the same without her giant fluffball self.  And yes, we know that she needs to get a hair cut.


We decided to get Mac up and drive out to Wasilla to check out these new antique/upcycle stores I had found (Retro Redux, Fancy Lou, and Alaska Pickers).  It was a beyond gorgeous day for a drive.  Sometimes it still amazes me that we live in such a gorgeous place.  Seriously beautiful.  I honestly don't understand how people just don't love it up here for the views alone.


So we found the store (it is 3 stores in 1).  Can I say amazing?  Totally worth the drive.  Their prices were amazing and the stuff they had was amazing.  I had fun.  I got a globe (been searching for one like this for a while), a ceramic owl, a ceramic bird, a silver tray, and a yellow ceramic bowl thing.


The owl found it's new home on our fireplace mantel.  The silver tray is going to go in my new jewelry cabinet/chest/armoire thing that Joe is going to eventually build for me.  The ceramic bird and the globe are on our dining room server.  The yellow platter/bowl thing is next to our kitchen sink and holds our kitchen soap with a hand towel.  SO CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment