Friday, April 19, 2013

Appreciation

I thoroughly appreciate my family.  With all of the craziness that is going on in the world, at the end of the day I come home to the most fabulous husband, adorable son, and cute puppies.  Snuggling with them on the sofa makes me forget about the crazy days I have at work (and as I teach special ed kids I tend to have REALLY crazy days).

I know I usually say work was crazy but ...today started with one of my kids getting suspended for lighting stuff on fire.  It went downhill from there.  I have decided that my desk calendar ALWAYS needs to have something written on it because when it is blank, bad things happen.  Bad juju.  A cute thing did happen this morning though.  One of my seniors came in to work on his Alaska Studies class and he gave me an apple.  No joke.  It honestly still brings a smile to my face.


Needless to say, getting home gave me a chance to give a sigh of relief.  Joe had stayed home with Mac today because our nanny was out of town.  When I walked into our living room, they were both still in their pajamas.  I was super jealous!  My response?  Put my own pajamas on!  I love spending time with my family.  Mac and I had some snuggly/play time....



  
AND guess what?  There is a video!  I can't get enough of hanging with my little man.....lord help me when he is bigger than me and can no longer fit in my lap.  At the rate we are going, that is going to be in Kindergarten.


We taught Mac the peanut butter jelly song.  He did a little dance with me.  It is times like that that just make me super happy!

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

Heyward's favorite place to nap is under our coffee table and I really don't know what he is going to do when he is too big to fit under there.  He is literally hanging upside down off of the coffee table as I am typing this.....ooops.....he just rolled off and never woke up.


I guess I probably need to go out into the garage and help Joe whitewash Mac's new bed.  I think this weekend we are going to go find the mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment