Saturday, May 4, 2013

night night

Mac woke us up at 6:45 this morning by knocking on his door.  Joe got him and in our bed he went.  Did we go back to sleep?  Nope.  Mac told us that there was snow.  I told him that it was not possible....however, I was wrong.  When we went downstairs it was most definitely snowing.  Snow.  In May.  Welcome to Alaska!

Heyward was still happy to go outside even though the back porch was covered in this snow slush mix stuff.  He wore himself out.


We went out to run some errands.  I got some lemons and cut them up (along with some of my kitchen sill herbs) and boiled them to make my house smell clean.

Look how pretty!

Joe volunteered at the air show today so it was just me and Mac.  Mac decided the new fun game was to put me to bed (in his bed).  He seriously directed me to his bed, got out Tickle Monster, had me read it, gave me his Bopey, pulled the blankets up, gave me a kiss, got off the bed, and walked out of the room while blowing kisses and saying "night, night."



Even though we had some seriously cute moments.  Today, Mac made me cry.  Nope, didn't cry in front of him.  I was cleaning stuff off the floor (he was throwing a giant tantrum and threw food on the floor) and he got mad.  He walked up to me and hit me on my back.  Time out here we come.  For the first time (and I know I will hear it again but the first time hurts), Mac yelled "I want daddy, no mommy."  He stayed in time out for a long time.  He refused to say sorry.  He refused to give me a hug or a kiss.  When Joe got home, Mac was still in time out, screaming.  He still refused to say sorry.  Eventually, he did give me a hug and a kiss.  This mama took some alone time to sit upstairs and read.  That is when I cried.  I know that he will say it again and I know that it is something that I should expect but it hurt hearing it out of my little man's mouth for the first time.  Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment