Friday, June 13, 2014

My Top Baby Gear

There is a LOT of stuff that goes along with babies.  Lately, I have been asked by numerous people about what baby things are the best or make the best baby gifts for others.  I am in no way an expert on any of this stuff....it is just my personal preference!  This list is not in any order but here are my top favorites!  Well, the top favorites that I could actually think of....

1.  MamaRoo Infant Seat: We didn't have this with Mac but some friends of ours had one with their first and second child.  We ended up getting one for Nora off of Craigslist.  It is awesome.  It has numerous swing options.  It has a super small footprint.  It can play music.  LOVE this swing!
  

2.  Phil & Teds Navigator double stroller:  This is also not something we had with Mac but we bought one for Nora.....and Mac.  This joker has 26 different positions you can put the kiddos in.  It can be a single stroller or a double.  You can attach carseats.  It has giant bike tires.  It can be handled with one hand.  I wish we had known about this stroller when we had Mac because we wouldn't have gotten any other stroller! 

3. Aden + Anais Swaddle blankets: We use these blankets for everything.  Swaddling.  Blanket.  Stroller blanket.  Burp cloth.  Changing pad cover.  They are awesome.  I love their big bibs too.  I use them all the time.  Pretty much this brand is awesome.
  
4.  Desitin: This stuff is great.  We went through it nonstop with Mac and it looks like we will be doing the exact same thing with Nora.  We bought another diaper rash cream because the name of it made us giggle but we ended up hating it and switching back to Desitin.

5.  Aveeno: Everyone always gives Johnson & Johnson baby wash but my kiddos have super dry, sensitive skin.  Aveeno was perfect for that.  Mac still uses Aveeno.  It is gentle on my babies skin and it smells awesome.  

6.  Diaper Genie Elite: Note...ELITE.  Not the regular kind.  When you are holding a massive poop diaper that is on the verge of leaking out on the floor everywhere, the last thing you want to do is to have to lift up a lid on a trashcan.  The Elite has a foot button thing that lifts the lid for you.  Genius. 


7.  Boppy Newborn Lounger: This currently lives in Nora's crib and that is the only way that she sleeps  in her crib.  It is like a solid pillow with a nestling dip in the middle.  When we had Mac, we hauled that thing around all over our townhome.  Awesome baby gift!


8.  Timi & Leslie Diaper bag: So with Mac I had a Timi & Leslie diaper bag.  I love that it does not look like a diaper bag.  I actually used it as a work bag too.  I am using it again with Nora!


9.  Gerber Mittens: So these are cheap and no one thinks of giving them but they are used DAILY for the first couple of months.  Babies have super sharp fingernails and they like to rip on their faces.  We seriously cannot have enough of these things.


10.  Baby Breeza Formula Mixer: Yes, this is like a Keurig for formula.  It is AWESOME.  In the middle of the night when you can only open one eyeball because you are exhausted, all you have to do is push a button and BAM there's formula!  With Nora we decided as a family to just do formula and this thing has been a life saver.  Seriously.  


11.  Tommee Tippee Bottles: With Nora, we chose to use Tommee Tippee bottles and she loves them.  Well, my big girl loves anything that feeds her.  With Mac, we used Dr. Brown's and it was just entirely too many pieces to wash.  Tommee Tippee bottles are much much more convenient.  


And honestly, that's my top list that I can think of right now.  I am sure later as I am pondering back on this post that I will think of other things that should have been added but that's all I got right now.  

There is only one thing left that I would want....and it is a want, not a necessity (but most of this stuff is wants rather than needs).  I would want a different diaper bag.  Having two kiddos that I need to haul stuff around for (well, 3 if you count my husband), I have discovered that I need more space and a bag that I can find things easily.  The one that I have decided that I would like (and maybe at some point I can obtain it) is the Pottery Barn Kids Classic Mom Diaper Bag.  I REALLY like the baby blue color but it would get crazy dirty....

  
So a more practical color that I like is the green.  It has such a cute preppy look to it!  Oh it makes my heart happy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment