Saturday, June 14, 2014

Go'on Big Girl

Go'on Big Girl!  That's the phrase we use when our chunkalicious little girl blows through her bottle or when she is hungry again.  She has done much better with feeding now that we switched her formula back to the regular.  Sensitive formula made her eat literally every hour.  WHEW.  Right now she is doing some tummy time on Joe's chest.  That makes my heart happy.

Yesterday, Nora slept a crazy amount.  It had me really worried about how last night was going to go with her.  Joe thinks she was just making up for the two days that she did not sleep during the day.  Another reason I think she slept so much yesterday is that she had to have her heel pricked for blood work.  Joe stayed in the main part with Mac (who was counting polices) and I went back with Nora for the heel prick.  She cried.  However, she didn't wake her little eyeballs up.




Before we left to go to the hospital to have her blood work done, Joe took a picture of me.  It cracks me up to see the difference in me from present times to my appearance two weeks ago.  I even have the same outfit on!  Giggles still happening!


When we got back from the hospital, it was too late for Mac to take a nap so we had quiet movie time.  AKA we watched my favorite Disney movie (Beauty and the Beast).  Mac was completely enthralled with it....


Mac even got some snuggles in with Nora....note Nora's poop face.


Speaking of Nora's poop face, here is a poop face example close up.  The positive about this?  She actually makes a poop face.  Mac did not make a poop face....


I needed to get some things done around the house but Nora is in the snuggly stage (she's a baby so it's expected plus baby snuggles are awesome).  What did I do?  I busted out the baby sling that Aimee gave me.  I wasn't sure it was going to work but somehow it did!  She lasted a big whopping 45 minutes in there before she was hungry.  However, I was able to get stuff done in that 45 minutes!


We also did some more floor activity gym time!  She likes to have company on that thing rather than just playing by herself.  After Mac went to sleep, Joe and I both laid on the floor with her and she had a good time playing around.  She likes to swing those arms around like crazy!


So I forgot to include a soccer picture from Mac's practice the other day.  One of the activities that they had to do was to pretend to be an animal to go get the soccer ball.  Apparently, Mac LOVED LOVED LOVED this.  He was a cheetah and a shark (don't ask) and a snake.  Joe got a picture of Mac being a soccer snake.....


On a cute Alaska note.  There was a picture posted of a moose.  That is not surprising.  However, this moose had twins.  And then she adopted another set of twins.  So there is one moose mama taking care of 2 sets of twins.  SO cute!


Joe is ridiculously excited today.  Why?  Because he found a smoked pulled pork recipe and it is currently in our smoker.  I am pretty sure that my husband is in love with his smoker.  LOVE.  In love.


No comments:

Post a Comment