Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weekend Recap

This has been an......interesting weekend.  So here is the official recap.

FRIDAY:

Friday I wore a ridiculous Hawaiian outfit to work.  I was taught yoga in the floor of my Department Chair in the middle of the sped offices by the sped counselor.  It was hilarious.


I was feeling really uncomfortable and crampy Thursday and Friday.  My friend Kim told me that I needed to call my doctor so I did.  I drove home. Laid on the sofa.  Then I got the phone call from the doctor's office which informed me that I once again needed to go to OB Triage (aka maternity emergency room).  Joe was on his way home with Mac and they pulled into the driveway while I was getting in the car.  I told Joe that he should just stay at home until I know more about what was going on.  This time I was prepared for the hospital.  I had a book.  I had a cell phone charger.  AND I had food.  I checked in.  They weighed me (I am at 153 so a weight gain of 20 pounds).  I was put into a room and strapped to monitors.  Low and behold the same thing was happening.  I was having contractions again.  Just like last time.  AARRRGGGGHHHHHHH.  I texted Joe and he got Mc ready to go to Erica's (she had already told him to bring Mac by if I had to go into the hospital).  While I was waiting on Joe, I read my book.


Then they put in my IV.  My arms currently look like a druggie's.  I have bruises still from last time.  I almost puked on the nurse when they did my IV.  I don't like needles.  She did give me Lidocane this time in both arms (she had a hard time getting my veins to cooperate).  I went through an IV bag almost by the time that Joe got there.  They checked my cervix (it was doing nada which is good).  My contractions still did not stop so they brought on another IV and a blood pressure pill that helps relax the uterus.  At this point, I was TIRED.


I was happy though knowing that Mac was in good hands with Erica......




I finally was able to go home and we got home around 11:30.  I was exhausted.  My body hurt from being in the hospital bed for so long and for having contractions for 2 days.

SATURDAY:

I spent Saturday pretty much on the sofa.  I got some snuggles in with Mac.




Heyward had a good time on the floor.....


When Mac went down for his nap, Joe and I crashed.  I discovered that napping on the sofa is extremely comfortable.  Saturday night we watched The Lorax and I got more snuggles in with Mac!




SUNDAY:

We got up.  Had breakfast.  Ran to the grocery store. Did some cleaning around the house.  I got my toes done with my friend Liz (can't reach my feet anymore). We are currently watching The Lorax again........

And here is Mac's new desk!


No comments:

Post a Comment