Friday, March 7, 2014

Nora's room update

I made Joe move the furniture in Nora's room....again.  I think I am in love with this placement so it is going to stay!

I am super excited about the virtual baby shower tomorrow!  Nora's crib is FULL of boxes/bags/awesomeness!


Yesterday, my favorite antique store out in Wasilla emailed me that they found something that they thought I would want.  A vintage bingo carousel thing.  UMMMMMM HECK YES!  I have spent two days ridiculously excited about this.  No one gets it....my love of bingo.  After we got off work today, we headed out to Wasilla to go to the antique store because it was going to be mine!  That store is one of my all time favorite places.  The stories behind their pickings are awesome.  We were lucky enough to be there when Kelly (the owner of Alaska Picker) brought in his new find.....a derby boxcar from way back.  It was COOL!  After I roamed around for a while, I found 2 books (one was from 1911) for Nora's room.  We also found a beyond beautiful clock that has a little drawer on the bottom of it.  I think Joe wants it in our room.  The cool thing about Alaska Picker/Fancy Lou (besides the just awesome stuff) is that their prices are pretty awesome!  Plus we get to hang out with some cool people and hear about their trips around Alaska to find this stuff!

When we got back to the house, it was my priority to put my new finds in their places (well, minus the clock).  Into Nora's room I went.  I put the bingo thing on the dresser under Joe's grandma's painting and next to my ballet shoes.  I put one of the books under my ballet shoes to give it a little more definition.  I put the other book on the side table next to the rocker under a small picture frame.  The frame is currently blank but as soon as Miss Nora makes her appearance there will be a picture of her and Mac in it.  I also moved one of my silver platters from our bedroom into Nora's room on the vanity (which is her changing table).  I figured it would be a super cute way to corral all of the diapering utensils.....I also pulled out some of my super cute baby dresses and we hung 2 of them up on the wall above the changing table/vanity.  I still have a light blue dress that I am contemplating where I am going to display it.



I have plans to add something above the painting above the dresser.  I was playing around with distressing a piece of wood and then somehow spelling out Nora's name on it.  I am still playing around in my head with it though.  Something definitely needs to go above it.  Oh and in the picture with the dresses, ignore the giant mound of baby clothes.  That is my "to be washed" pile.  Speaking of clothes, I seriously need to start filling her dresser with the clothes that are in the closet........

No comments:

Post a Comment