Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hurricane Alaska pt. 2?

The weather....was not as bad as they expected.  In fact, the wind is just now picking up!  However, parts of Anchorage have flooded!  Our roads are not really meant for the heavy rain that we have been getting so the water just sits there.  What people in Anchorage consider "rain" is actually "drizzle."  Silly people.

This morning this is what I saw....


I probably should have rested today but I did not.  I still have a cold.  We did get some cool stuff done today.  This Cash family went to Lowes where we bought the white curtains and tan spray paint so we can attempt to make the stripe curtains I so want.  We also went to Pier 1 where we got part of the stuff that was put on the wall behind the sofa.  AND we also went to Michaels where we got the rest of what would go above the sofa.....

We used some antique looking (totally not antique) scrapbook paper to fill in some of the picture slots.  I knew I didn't want a picture in every one.  We used the pictures that were in a frame for our wedding. There is one blank window because I am still desperately searching for my Grandma and Grandpa's picture to go in there.  It is somewhere and I can't find it.  We got a round frame from Michaels and I also used the scrapbook paper in it.  Joe wrapped a letter "C" in twine and we hung it on the frame!  I like how it turned out.  What do you think?



Joe finished screwing in the first pallet bench.  All that is left for it is to be sanded down and to find a cushion!  Then he gets to start the second pallet bench!


No comments:

Post a Comment