Monday, November 26, 2012

Aquarium Update!

Hey er'body! I haven't done an update on my tank in a while, so I thought that I would do one tonight.... Now that I have gotten through my little (by little, I mean I almost threw the whole tank off the back porch) algae problem that has been going on since I set up my tank. No worries though, the tank is almost algae free, except for the algae that my hermit crabs haven't gotten to. Ok, so here's some pictures.

Here's a picture of my electric clam, with some zoanthid coral pieces on top of the rock. Also there is some red bubble algae that I bought to help fight the green hair algae:

You can't see it too well, but there is my crab in the middle of the picture:
 
 Here is the clown fish! He tried to get into every picture!
 Another picture of my electric clam next to the pulsing Xenia coral. Those guys are really cool, they are constantly grabbing at the water to try and get some food:
 Here's a picture of my two Sexy Shrimp (I promise, that is what they are called!). They like to stand on top of this coral and give it a hard time. I'm not sure if its going to make it since it is closed a lot of the time.
 Below is a good view of the green star polyp coral, that stuff has really been growing fast. It will eventually start to grow up the rock that is behind it.
 Here's a really cool picture of my funky mushroom coral. I have no idea what kind of mushroom it is but it is really cool. You can kind of see its mouth in the picture. They will actually eat food if you blow it in its mouth using a turkey baster, but it will also live with photosynthesis.
 My big candy cane shrimp actually came out for some pictures! He doesn't make an appearance from behind the rocks very often.
 Another picture of the clown fish getting camera time.
 And another:
 A side view of the tank:




No comments:

Post a Comment