Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend Recap

So I am behind.....again.  This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

FRIDAY:
Mac and I spent some serious time playing outside.  We hit 70 degrees on Friday and it was AWESOME.  I have been working on my tan and it is getting pretty impressive.  When Joe got home, we headed to Home Depot to get wood for the picnic table that he is building and then we headed to Mr. Prime Beef (local butcher shop) to get meat to grill out for the next day.  Joe was in man heaven at Mr. Prime Beef.  Afterwards, we headed to Nick/Caryn's for dinner.  



SATURDAY:
Joe went to get Mac out of his bedroom and we had some family snuggle time which Mac always loves.  He was all up in my space and on my pillow but it made me happy.  At the rate he is growing, we are going to need to get a bigger bed just to accommodate all of us.  Ha.  That won't be happening any time soon.



After we got up, we headed to my favorite local bakery (House of Bread) to pick up breakfast.  I got a raspberry pinwheel, Mac got a cinnamon roll, and Joe got a caramel roll.  We also picked up raspberry swirl loaf bread.  We are going to use it to make french toast tomorrow night for dinner.  I am EXCITED.  After breakfast, we headed to Sam's (I feel the need to stock up on easy food things before Nora makes her appearance) and we headed to Bell's Nursery.  I wanted to get some plants that repel Mosquitos.  Granted right now they are not bad because we haven't gotten rain in a LONG time.  We ended up getting 4 Citronella plants and 2 Marigolds.

Once we got home, we headed outside for some play time.  Heyward got his bone that we bought him at Mr. Prime Beef (for way cheaper than at the pet stores).  Mac had a grand time playing on his playset.







We grilled out for lunch (hot dogs) and dinner (steak, cajun shrimp, and zucchini).  I LOVE grilling season!


After Mac went to bed, Joe worked on the picnic table for a little bit and he also hung up the vintage window above the crib in Nora's room.  LOVE.  Her room is super slowly coming together.


SUNDAY:
After an amazing breakfast, we headed to the grocery store to get the stuff for the weeks.  I was moving incredibly slow.  If it is at all possible, Nora has dropped even lower and walking is just painful.  I think my ligaments in my hips/pelvis are going to just shoot off of my body.  She also gets the hiccups a lot which is not entirely comfortable.  Once we got back from the grocery store, back outside we went.  Mac played.  I sat.  While Mac was napping, Joe planted my plants and Heyward was laying at his feet.





When mac got up from his nap, he played outside for a little bit and then we decided to make art.  He loved it.  It made me giggle.



Check out this cool picture that a news channel up here posted of some Caribou floating on some ice.....I found it interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment