Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Burn.....

So I didn't go outside until about 7 oclock.  Reason why?  There is a ginormous fire about 2 hours south of Anchorage.  It is down in the Kenai Peninsula outside a town called Soldotna.  How does this affect me?  Well, this morning the wind changed and Anchorage had a big smoke haze over it.....


There has been a ton of pictures going up on Facebook with pictures from Soldotna.  And they are CRAZY.  (warning....these pictures look rough but keep in mind that there is no way it will get here!!!!).



Welcome to Alaska.  Land of bears and moose and forest fires.

However, at about 7 we were able to head outside.  Mac wanted to play in the mud.  AKA stick his head in the sprinkler and then dig random holes in my planters.  My friend Liz is cleaning out her storage shed and she gave us her weed wacker which Joe used to trim up our yard some.  Mac wanted to help.  Mac likes to help and it is oh so cute!  I actually pulled up some dead plants in our front porch planter thing.  I managed to kill the non Juniper plants.  Guess I need to figure out what else should go in there because it is naked looking.  Who knows?  Maybe doing teeny tiny gardening will send me into labor.  I am kind of convinced that I am going to be pregnant forever.  FOREVER.







No comments:

Post a Comment