Thursday, May 22, 2014

Late night snuggles and big belly

Last night, I looked in the camera to find that Mac was not asleep....at like 9:45.  WAY past his bedtime.  He was not wide awake but he was definitely squirming.  Joe goes in to tuck him back in where Mac  told Joe that he wanted in our bed.  That is not something that he has EVER done/said.  So in our bed he went.  He snuggled for about 5-10 minutes.  His little eyeballs were shut but he is super squirmy.  After a little bit of snuggle time in our bed, Joe took him back to his own bed where he proceeded to pass out.  He is super cute.  Oh my goodness!



Mac just came running down the stairs to tell us goodnight.  What does Joe do?  Hides the ice cream on the counter.  True story.

We spent today being lazy for a little bit.  Then I got the fevah....the fevah to clean.  I cleaned the kitchen.  I cleaned our bathroom.  I cleaned our sheets.  Game on.

I did have a doctor's appointment today too.  Joe came home early to take me.


I gained back the two pounds that I lost last week (however, that might have been influenced by the two brownies that I ate right before the appointment).  I am officially at 160 pounds which puts me at 27 pounds gained in this pregnancy.  I am still 2 centimeters dilated.  I am now 60% effaced (how thinned my cervix is).  The baby's head is at station -2 (and I have no idea what that means).  Nora's heartbeat sounded great but Dr. Hinkle wanted her movement and amniotic fluid levels checked.  I got hooked up to some machines which meant that as soon as I got hooked up she started moving all over the place. Her movements were good.

Check out that giant belly with those awesome stretch marks that I didn't know existed because I can't see that part of my belly. 

After that test, I got moved next door to get hooked up to the ultrasound machine so they could check her fluid levels.  I was at like 9 centimeters of fluid.  I have no idea what that means but apparently that is a normal level for my level of pregnancy.

Another biggie out of this appointment?  Dr. Hinkle scheduled my induction.  I am going to be induced Wednesday May 28th at 6 pm.  They are going to use a med called Cervadil (not sure of spelling).  I was super nervous that they were going to use Pitocin which is the devil and the medicine they put me on with Mac.  He wants me to have a more gradual start to labor which is the reason for the other medication.  So....if Nora does not come before then......It looks like she will be born by next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment