Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bloops & Rashes

My world currently revolves around the bathroom.  Talking about the bathroom.  Being in the bathroom.  And this is not for me.  The joys of potty training while super pregnant.  Mac has gotten really really good about peeing.  He still won't tell you when he has to pee but he goes in there and pees on his own.  This morning when I got him up, I told him to go down to his potty to go pee.  He did.  I went around the corner to see this....


I think he has the cutest booty.  He also pooped this morning in the toilet.  We refer to the splashes (yes, gross and TMI but whatever) as "bloops" and he gets a white chocolate chip per "bloop." He also gets a white chocolate chip when he farts on the toilet.  Again, gross and TMI but it is working.


Moving on from the bathroom talk (and yes, my world does literally revolve around the bathroom).  Mac and I spent some time snuggling this morning....kinda.  I have discovered that I have absolutely zero energy at all until roughly 10 oclock.  That is a lot of time for my Godzilla to run amuck.  Luckily, we watch his "shows" in the morning and then if the weather is nice we head outside.



Mac had company today!  Caryn and Cayla came over to play on the playset.  They stayed for like 2 hours.  After they left, Mac had a grilled cheese and strawberries and then it was naptime.  However, when I got him up from his nap, I noticed a rash.  He had started to have a little bit of a rash yesterday-ish but nothing like this.  It has been little red bumps that are raised to where you can feel them.  It was pretty much just on his torso.  When he got up, it had big time moved to his chest and looked terrible.  I had him go downstairs to go to the potty (where he informed me he needed to poop).  While he was on the toilet, I took his shirt off to get a better view of his chest.  It looked pretty bad.  About that time is when Joe got home.  Joe called our doctor (our pediatrician is fabulous) who said to come bring him by.  Here is what his chest looked like....


In looking at his chest, she said it could either be an allergic reaction to something he ate (which he didn't eat anything different or new) or a viral infection.  She gave him some Benadryl.  Told us to get some cream for his chest and said that if he was not better by Friday-ish-Monday-ish to call her.  She also told me that I needed to let my doctor know that it could be a viral infection in case that affects how they do with me.  Especially since this baby could decide to come while Mac still has the rash.  I called my doctor and talked to my nurse.  She told me to just keep an eye on myself and if I noticed the rash on myself that I need to call them.

Let me tell you, if it is not one thing then it is another...........

We are waiting to hear now if Erica is ok with him at daycare tomorrow or if he is staying with me.......

No comments:

Post a Comment