Monday, May 5, 2014

Picnic Table!

Joe is building a picnic table for the back deck.  I am super excited about it.  We got the wood on Friday.  During Mac's naptime on Saturday, he began cutting it into the correct sizes.  After Mac went to bed on Saturday, Joe started painting it.  Because it is going to be outside, it is recommended that you paint all sides before assembling because it will protect the wood.



On Saturday, during Mac's naptime, Joe resumed painting.  And yes, I did go with a green color.  I love it!  I cannot wait to see it together.  Pretty much any time that Mac was sleeping, Joe was painting.  I am pretty sure that painting is going to take longer than putting it together.  On Sunday during Mac's naptime, I kept Joe company while he painted some more.  When he gets home today (Monday), he is going to put it all together on the back porch!!!!!!


Joe finished painting all of the sides and he hauled all of the wood pieces to the back porch to put it together. He put the top together first.



Then he put the legs on......and the support beams.  He used my considerable girth to help hold things together.  Mac tried to "help" Joe by climbing on him.




At one point, Mac got a little upset because Joe wouldn't let him play with the measuring tape but Joe needed it.....so Mac did a little bit of a meltdown......



Mac eventually got over it to help Joe....



We got the back porch cleared off and now the picnic table has its' own place.  LOVE.  I got my Citronella plants spread out and they smell delish.




No comments:

Post a Comment