Sunday, January 19, 2014

House update

We have been so incredibly focused on the laundry room that the rest of our house is a DISASTER.  No lie.  It is driving me absolutely insane.  The guest room is jam packed with all of the stuff that was in the laundry room.  I think our house is going to be like this for a little bit until we figure out a storage system that we want to use!

Speaking of storage.....we drove out to Alaska Picker yesterday with specific plans to pick up this dresser that the owner had posted on Facebook.  It is a 1950s dresser and it is going to be great storage. I am going to use it to store stuff that was in the guest closet and some things that were in our office.  Lee actually came by to help Joe carry it up the stairs (how sweet?!).  We put it on the landing at the top of the stairs in front of our bedroom.  It fit there perfectly!


I have definitely started moving "vignettes" around the house.  I decorated the top of the new dresser.  I moved some stuff out of the guest bedroom to go on top of our bookshelf downstairs.  I put the new calculator that we bought at Alaska Picker on the sideboard in our living room.  Joe kept playing with it at the store so I just knew he had to have it!


This is not on a decorating note but something that Joe is pretty excited about.  I gave him an AeroGarden for Christmas and he immediately starting growing kitchen herbs.  Our basil has exploded!!!!!  Which is awesome because I LOVE basil!


No comments:

Post a Comment