Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Just another Monday.... At the hospital

Jami sent me an email last Monday with the subject line of "I feel weird..." Next thing I know, were in the hospital and Jami is having contractions. They wanted to monitor Jami for a while to see what was going on. That gave us a lot of time to play with our phones:





Jami said that in the picture below I was downloading an app to make myself a zombie. I don't remember that. I think I was doing something productive.


Here's a graph of Jami's contractions. The peaks are where a contraction occurred. They were happening pretty often, but the nurse said that they were only lasting about 10 seconds each which was a good sign.


The next step was to give Jami a shot to hopefully make the contractions go away.  The liquid in the shot burned really bad for a few minutes, but it did slow down the contractions for about an hour. After that they came right back. The nurse then hooked Jami up to an IV to get liquids and an anti-biotic. They thought that the contractions were being caused by an infection, so hopefully the anti-biotic took care of that. We ended up leaving at about 9 pm with Jami's contractions pretty much stopped. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment