Saturday, November 2, 2013

ALASKA: Road trip

Yes, I am behind in blogging.  Thus the reason I did like 5 posts at one time.  I am what is known as lazy....but hey......I am growing a human being so I think I have the right to be a little lazy.  Last Saturday, we did a road trip with Mary.  We drove out to Wasilla to go to my favorite antique store.  We found some cool treasures there!  Mac got a robot (stuffed) and proceeded to talk like a robot for the rest of the week.

On the way out to Wasilla we stopped for a picnic.  It was a little cold but we still ate next to the lake.  We were eating next to Mirror Lake which has begun freezing over.  So pretty!  Mac even shared his juice box with Joe.



We stopped at the Little Susitna before driving up to the Pass......The water was the lowest that I have seen it.








Then we made the drive up the mountain.  Our plan was to go to the Independence Mine which is a gold mine that we have taken my dad to.  Completely didn't think about the fact that it is at the top of the mountain and probably closes down at some point.  When we got to the top of the mountain.  There was snow and people everywhere.  People with boards, cross country skis, and sleds.  I don't know what those crazy people were thinking because there really wasn't enough snow to do any of that stuff....











Look at the pretty drive on the way down!


Oh and we saw two random moose on the side of the road too!


No comments:

Post a Comment