Wednesday, December 25, 2013

NURSERY: Nora Kimbrell Cash

So Meatball is a girl and her name is going to be Nora Kimbrell Cash.  The name makes me happy.  Nora is a name that we just like.  Kimbrell is my mama's maiden name and my middle name.  Since we now know that Meatball is a girl....I have started plotting the nursery.  And by plotting I mean getting obsessed.  Here is the game plan.....

Changing Table: We already have a vintage vanity in the room and we are going to put the changing pad on it.  We need to buy a new changing pad.  The drawers will hold spare diapers and wipes.  I want to find some unique basket or metal tub thing to hold dirty clothes.  The only thing I need to get for this part is the mattress pad and mattress pad cover!

Dresser: We have a vintage tall dresser already in the room and we are just going to use it for the baby's clothes.  The only thing I need for this is the vintage decor on the top and the gorgeously adorable girl clothes to go in it!  I found my glass baby shoe and it fits in perfectly with the room's theme (even though my own name is spelled wrong on the bottom of my own baby shoe)!

Chair: We are just going to move the recliner that is currently in our bedroom into the nursery.  I need to figure out some way to update it because it is kind of the same color as the walls.  Thoughts?  I need to get a cute/vintage-y floor lamp to go near it so there is additional lighting in the room.

Crib: A crib is something that we are going to need to buy.  We got rid of all of Mac's nursery stuff when we switched him to the big boy room.  We didn't have the space to store it and we weren't supposed to be able to have any more babies.  I have picked out the crib.  We are going to go with the Jenny Lind crib in white.  It has a definite vintage look to it and I think it is so incredibly sweet.


I guess since we are going to buy this crib that we need to pick out a mattress to go with it.  

Crib Bedding:  I have decided not to go matchy matchy with the comforter this go around.  I have picked out a set from Pottery Barn Kids that makes me happy.  It goes with the simple vintage vibe that I am going for in the room.  We are going to get the Harper Chevron Bedding Set in the light pink.  We are going to get the set that has the crib skirt, the quilt, and the crib sheet.  I am going to get the quilt personalized with Nora embroidered on it in the same light pink (that can be done through Pottery Barn.  


Additional Storage:I am thinking of looking into some of the antique stores up here to see if they have something else that I can put in the room for additional storage.  I am thinking of like a small pie safe type thing to put in there to help store toys.  I was also thinking about getting a wooden ladder to lean up against the wall to put additional blankets.  I haven't fully finished plotting this out in my head though.  I am pretty sure that I am going to need some kind of storage in the actual room to hold her toys.   

Mobile:  I have been seeing adorable stuff on pinterest.  One idea I had is to make my own mobile out of embroidery hoops and yarn balls.  Another idea is to get/make paper flower balls to hang in the ceiling.  My last idea is one that I just saw on Pinterest where someone just used ribbon scraps to make a wall thing....I probably should just show a picture of that one because I am not very good at describing. 

See?  Ribbon thing above the crib.  

Curtains:  I have been needing to put curtains in that room for a long time.  I have no idea what I am going to do.  I could go classic and just put solid white curtains in (like the rest of my house) or I could find some really girly curtains.  I have no idea what we are going to do but I will need to do something....

Wall Decor:  I want to put the painting that Joe's grandmother made for us in there.  I think Mary still has it at her house but I think it would be perfect in a vintage nursery!  I will probably incorporate the letter "N" in there somewhere.....or maybe her initials.  Otherwise I want to find random vintage looking frames and prints to hang up.  I also want to find a pretty mirror.  Every little girl deserves a beautiful ornate mirror.  My old ballet shoes will make an appearance in the room as well as my first pair of toe shoes.  They just scream girly.....

Decor:  I am in the hunt for any and all things vintage.  Vintage toys.  Vintage wooden blocks (even though I now have a collection of those going thanks for Mary and Amy).  Probably need to find some kind of clock to put in there.  This room should be all things vintage!

So that is the basic plan that I have now going for the nursery.  I am pretty excited.  What do you think about the plans????????







No comments:

Post a Comment