Monday, December 23, 2013

First official day of break

Today was my first official day of break.  I stayed in my pajamas for the majority of the day.  Surprise surprise. Mac and I had a yogurt date.  I thoroughly enjoyed my Oikos strawberry Greek yogurt (I currently cannot get enough of that lately) and Mac destroyed his Yoplait Boston Cream Pie yogurt.  He enjoyed it so much that it got all over his face......




While Mac was napping, I was finally able to get ready for my day.  AKA did my hair and put on makeup for the first time in a couple of days.  (YAY for being lazy!).  Joe got home and we headed out to go pick up Parker and then to head to the ultrasound appointment.


Parker (Erica's oldest daughter) went to the appointment with us because she was going to be the one who found out what the Meatball is.  She is making gender reveal cupcakes for us for tomorrow.  I thought it was incredibly sweet.

What we found out at the appointment: Meatball was not cooperating which caused the appointment to last longer than usual.  Meatball was curled up with hands between the legs and face squished up against the wall.  I literally had to eat a chocolate breakfast bar and go for a walk to try to get the Meatball to move.  Eventually Meatball moved.  But buddy I could definitely feel where he baby was at by where the technician was pushing.  Right now the baby had a heartbeat of 148.  Meatball is about 5 inches long and weighs in at a big whopping 8 ounces.  The baby has the official due date of May 28th but now the baby is measuring 4 days ahead (so Meatball is measuring the way a baby would who was due May 24).  They are not going to change the due date though.  The technician was pretty excited to be able to measure certain things at the baby's age because usually they can't this early.  However, apparently because I am "small" it enabled her to be able to get those measurements.  When I asked her about it she said that I am small and I am not 300 pounds.  Apparently being a tiny helps with  ultrasound stuff!  We didn't get amazing pictures on this go around due to the baby's lack of cooperation but.......


However, the technician did give Parker an envelope with a gender revealing picture inside it......we will find out tomorrow........

On a sweet, silly note.  My head is pounding and I have the world's worst headache.  Mac asked what was wrong and I told him that my head hurt.  He kissed my head and goes "Oh mommy, your head hurt? you should go to the doctor."  He can be so sweet sometimes......

No comments:

Post a Comment