Friday, November 14, 2014

Thank goodness

Thank goodness that it is the weekend.  THANK GOODNESS.  It has been a long long week.  My students have been crazy.  One of my favorite kids withdrew today to move to Texas.  Before he left today, he brought me flowers.  Then he sent me the sweetest email.  "Ms. Cash I'm really gonna miss u.  I'm crying tht I have to leave.  Ur the best teacher.  I love having u as my teacher."


These kind of things really tug on my heartstrings.  I work with an extremely difficult population (the majority of my behavior kids have been in/out of jail or treatment centers).  I know that I have done a good job when I can make a connection like this.  Admin and security in my building refer to my kids as Cash's Boys.  That's what they are.  My boys.

Ok.  Moving on.

The weather has been ABSOLUTELY insane up here.  It has literally been colder in Dallas, Texas than it is here in Anchorage.  We have green grass in our yard.  No joke.  I don't really like it.  It is not looking like we are going to get snow any time soon.  Look at this funny picture that I saw online....


Moving on again......

Nora thoroughly enjoys seeing herself in the camera.  That baby makes me smile.  She likes to smile at herself.  A lot.  She's so funny!  Her facial expressions are hilarious.  My kids definitely take after me with their facial expressions......





The other week I ordered some bib scarves for Nora as part of her Christmas and they came in the mail!  They are so stinking cute.  I ordered them from the online Etsy store HugMeSew.  Such a cute and affordable store!  I also ordered shoes for her through Etsy.  There are such cute stores on Etsy.  LOVE!



Today, we went to Papa's funeral.  My heart breaks for Erica and her family.  They have been dealt a rough hand lately.  Both of the kids went to the funeral with us.  Nora slept the entire time.  Mac behaved well for the most part.  However, at one point in the funeral he tells Joe "Daddy, you are squishing poop out."  Which immediately was followed with "Daddy, you are making me have to poop."  That's right....that's my kid.  In the middle of a funeral, Joe had to take him to the bathroom so he could poop.  And the people around us heard what Mac said.  LUCKILY, the Lindeens were sitting in front of us and I was sitting next to Aimee.  I told Erica the story as we exited and it gave her a laugh!  She seems to be doing ok but I worry about her.  We are going to try to take a freezer meal over to them this weekend.

This is going to be a pretty busy weekend.  Tomorrow, we have some big football games to watch.  I am meeting a friend to go wedding dress shopping at 12.  The Lindeens might be coming over for dinner Saturday night.  Sunday morning we are planning on going out to the HayFlats by Reflection Lake to check it out.  Lisa is going to do our family pictures...and Nora's pictures.  We were thinking about doing them out there.  Sunday afternoon (from 4-6) we are meeting some of the daycare kids at an indoor playground that we are reserving just for them.  Wear some preschoolers out!

BUSY BUSY BUSY!

No comments:

Post a Comment