Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pallet art

We have a lot of pallet boards left over.  Let me tell you I am definitely finding ways for them to be put to use!  I have been seeing a lot of phrases on wooden boards all over Pinterest.  So I thought....why can't we do that but on our pallet boards?  I decided that it would be super sweet to use our engagement date and our wedding date.

I printed numbers and just cut them out.  We taped them to the different pallet boards in the placement we wanted.  We had already bought white spray paint.  Joe took the boards outside and put a light coat over them.  The board with our engagement date turned out better (I think) than the one with our anniversary.

We did not super coat the boards with paint.  When the boards were still somewhat wet, Joe took off the numbers which left the date imprint.



I decided that these boards would look awesome in our bedroom above our curtain rod.  Joe bought picture hanging sets to nail/screw into the back of the boards and up they went!




And yup....those are our new curtains!  The orange was just too much when we moved our furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment