Thursday, October 3, 2013

WORK & ALASKA: A summary of my day so far

Today has been a weird day.  It was off to an awesome start.  I found a card on my wall that a student made me yesterday.  It was a wonderful start to my day.  She has sweet and wonderful things to say.


The next part of my day did not go so great.  We are on the last day of graduation testing.  About an hour and a half into the test, I had to throw up.  I had to send an email to my department chair for her to come out to my room.  I had to run myself into the building and up front to the staff bathroom so I could throw up (I refused to throw up in the student bathrooms).  The secretary pulled me into her office to give me a peppermint when the need to throw up hit me again.  I am sitting in her office with a cold compress on my neck and her trashcan in my lap when one of my administrators came in (a male administrator).  Guess how he found out that I am pregnant?  Yup, by coming into a room where I am dry heaving when I should have been proctoring a state mandated test.  I am crying because that is what I do when I throw up.  The secretary is trying to make me feel better and find someone to cover my afternoon classes because they were sending me home.  The admin looked like he had no idea what to say.  They had me sit there until I looked ok to go into my classroom (where students were still testing) to get my stuff.  I was mortified.  I cried the entire way on my drive home.

My doctor's nurse (Sherry) called.  My bloodwork has come back perfectly.  My progesterone levels are exactly what my doctor wanted.  In fact, everything looks so good that we scheduled two appointments for next week.....one of those being an ultrasound.  Another appointment was scheduled for two weeks after that.  I have a feeling I am going to be seeing the doctor way more on this go around.  Even better thing though......she called in a prescription of nausea medication for me.  Thank goodness.  This pregnancy so far (all 6.5 weeks of it) has been the polar opposite of how I was with Mac.

On an Alaska note: The first round of PFD's come out today which means that all of the stores in the Anchorage area will be packed.  There will be lines out of the liquor stores.  Joe wants to head to Costco to get some ladder but Costco is going to be crazy packed.....so much so that a Facebook page I followed made a meme to make fun of it......


No comments:

Post a Comment