Friday, April 13, 2012

Bigfoot Round 2

So this has been a pretty terrible week for me.  CRAZY work schedule/projects going on.  Had to get cavities filled.  Found out my tumor has come back.

I have been having crampy pain for about a week and then on Wednesday night the pain got super intense.  In hindsight I probably should have just gone to the hospital then but I did not.  I called the doctor the next day and they sent me in for an ultrasound/sonogram thing.  That test did not go the way I thought/hoped it would.  They found another growth immediately.  At first I was making jokes about my stupid right ovary but then it hit me what could possibly be happening to me again.  Since I was crying in the waiting room, the awesome people at Advanced Sonograms let me sit in one of their offices and play on the internet.  The technician came in to check on me and saw that I was looking at shoes on Nordstrom's website.  He asked me if shopping was making me feel better and I said no.  (yes, hell has frozen over when I was not interested in shoes or shopping).

I finally got the news that my doctor wanted me to come over to his office.  Joe met me there.  What Dr. Hinkle wanted me to do is just wait for a little bit to see if the tumor goes away on it's own.  If the pain does not lesson or if it gets worse over the next week, we will consider surgery.  If (when I go in for the follow up sonogram in roughly 6 weeks) the tumor is not smaller at that appointment then we will consider surgery.  Dr. Hinkle said that if he has to go in to surgically remove the tumor then at that time he will probably just remove my right ovary because of how many problems I have had with it.  Apparently, my stupid right ovary is overactive.  STUPID RIGHT OVARY.

Dr. Hinkle does not want me working out for like a month.  I am not to lift anything heavier than Mac.  For the next week, I am to take it as easy as possible.  He did not want me to work today (which is why I am blogging).  He put me on Vicodin.  I hate this.

On a happier note, Mac has gotten very adventurous in his walking and what he gets into.  He is currently very fascinated with opening and shutting drawers in our kitchen along with the cabinets.  He very gently will lift out the lid to a pot, giggle, and then put it back.  That baby!


On an Alaskan note, it is completely GORGEOUS outside.  The snow is melting.  The sun is super bright.  Joe and I cannot wait to pick up our camper and be able to go camping with Mac!  Joe is super excited about the stuff he gets to buy for the camper (so silly).  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment