Friday, August 29, 2014

My classroom

I work in a rather large school district.  We have almost 50,000 students in my district.  Last school year, we were under a $25 million budget shortfall.  Next school year, between $21-$23 million more dollars will need to be cut from the school budget.  Needless to say, there is no money for class supplies.  My students are the ones that suffer.  My awesome sister in law told me about a website that she used to raise money for technology in her class.  I decided to give it a go.  I am really hoping that I am able to raise the funds to get the supplies that I need for my class.  I teach special ed students (the majority of my students have behavioral issues) and they are working REALLY hard to graduate....I want to see them be successful but this is going to take a little support....

Here is the project that I have posted in order to raise the funds for my class!  If you donate and use the code INSPIRE before September 5th, your donation will be doubled for my project!  Words cannot express how much I appreciate any support that can be given to my students.

http://www.donorschoose.org/project/motivated-to-graduate/1316131/?rf=email-system-2014-08-proposal_approve-teacher_2461539&challengeid=20453738&utm_source=dc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=proposal_approve

Not only do I have a project posted but so do several of my friends who are also high school teachers.  At the high school level, we often have to do without a lot of things because a lot of the budget goes towards the elementary schools.  A lot of our parents are not as involved with their students as they were when they were younger.  We can honestly use all of the help that we can get.  Here are the links to my friends' projects!

http://www.donorschoose.org/project/word-nerds-need-new-necessities/1313579/?challengeid=20458284&more=true

http://www.donorschoose.org/project/reaching-our-goals/1304553/

Please share this with anyone you think would be interested in helping out some teachers in Alaska!  Fingers crossed that I meet my class goal!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment