Saturday, August 23, 2014

A little late

Whew.  Going back to work is hard.  Not the leaving my kids with someone else part (our daycare family is awesome).  The beginning of the year stuff for high school kids is hard.  Schedules are REALLY messed up.  I am doing something different (again) this year.  I think I am really going to like it when things decide to settle down.  I am teaching Affective Skills (behavior classes) and Study Skills (aka a homework period) and Apex (an online credit recovery class).  Most of my students are upperclassmen which is nice.  Sad face though because two of my favorite students are gone....I called their mom on Friday and she told me that they had moved to another city but that she would send me emails to keep in the loop of how they are doing.  She said a lot of things that validated why I am a teacher.....a special education teacher.  Sometimes I lose perspective of that because my job is just so dang hard.  I am expected to be a teacher and a paperwork pusher and a counselor and a person who helps them set things up for life after high school and to top it all off I only see the students that most teachers complain about having.  It's worth it though when I have parents who say how much we helped and how much I mean to their kids.

On another teacher note, I ordered an Erin Condren teacher lesson planner and I cannot wait for that thing to get here!  Rather than keeping up with several different calendars and planners, I am going to lesson plan and do family stuff in the same planner.  I.  Cannot.  Wait.  Yes I am a dork.

Joe is staining our deck.  He still has a little bit to do on it still but it looks FIVE million times better.

My kids love being around each other.  

Her facial expressions are so funny.  

I love seeing my family all together.

Chunk had to get a bath.  She is like a baby Buddha.

Mac got put in time out and he fell asleep.  Thank goodness.  He has been a little rough lately.  Super argumentative and lots of tantrums. 

Mac was keeping Nora entertained. 

And another silly face from my little girl. 

Mac likes to put all of his toys in his bed.  He is a little ridiculous.  Every time I go in there I have to clear off an insane amount of toys. 

Check out that giant belly. 

Nora passed out on the sofa next to me yesterday.  She is so stinking sweet.  She is seriously the happiest, currently easiest baby ever. 

Sibling time. 

They are looking in the mirror at each other.  

My parents sent Mac up cowboy boots and he likes to wear them with random clothes.  This is what my man wore this morning to go get donuts. 

Some more of the chunk.  I cannot get enough of her.  

Happy chunk.  This was about 5:45 in the morning when we were all getting dressed for work.  

She is either happy like this or asleep.  She does not cry or fuss much.  Honestly, Mac cries more than her. 

My family watching Toy Story.  As I am typing this, the only person awake in that chair is Mac.  True story. 

Mac loves kissing her too and after a little bit he was kissing her feet.  Weirdo. 

Check out that drool on my girl's face.  

I have a Michelin baby.  She is not super fond of tummy time and her head droops towards the end when she is tired.  She thoroughly enjoys eating her fists though when she is doing tummy time. 

5:30 in the morning apparently was too early for her. 

My family!

Any time that she is wearing a dress, she grabs hold of the bottom and pulls it up.  I am going to have my hands full with her later in life......


No comments:

Post a Comment